More than half of Baltimore’s 309 homicide victims in 2018 were shot in the head, according to the police department’s annual homicide analysis released Wednesday.
Two people were killed and two others — including a Baltimore police sergeant — were injured Monday morning when an armed man entered a drug treatment center on Maryland Avenue in Charles North demanding access to methadone, police said.
Dozens of Maryland government employees rallied Wednesday in downtown Baltimore, protesting what they say is the Hogan administration’s refusal to fill thousands of vacant positions in state government.
As Scott Pressler said, Stop talking and start doing…
As I read these articles and the main reason in Baltimore as I see it, is drugs, drug crew fighting other crews. Who are the customers?
Karon Elijah Peoples, age 24, of Baltimore, Maryland, pleaded guilty today to a heroin distribution conspiracy. Peoples admitted that during his participation in the conspiracy, he was responsible for distributing, or facilitating the distribution, of between nine and 10 kilograms of heroin. In addition, Peoples admitted that nine fatal overdose victims and 18 overdose survivors had contacted Peoples’ phones prior to their overdose—either by phone call or text message—in order to arrange for the purchase of heroin.
As it started a primarily white problem, it quickly became the black community with the introduction to fentanyl. Who makes Fentanyl?
We keep hearing about the Chinese and fentanyl and being transported over the Southern border. Let’s check that out.
Trump’s tariffs are now pushing fentanyl production back underground, undoing many of the advances the US had made over the past few years. Treasury Secretary Mnuchin repeatedly tells us that 90 percent of the trade deal is done. The other 10 percent must be agreed on soon, or the opioid trade will once again disappear underground.
I wonder what the president will think about this report, and I think it’s worth talking to Roger Bate.
Fentanyl, legally made is used for chronic pain relief and surgery.
I know, the hospital used this on me instead of Morphine last year during a disc replacements surgery in my neck. I found it hard to wake up.
The problem in counterfeit fentanyl the author called it mislabeling, and it crosses many countries, not just China. Mixed with Heroin is killing our citizens.
Such production and intentional mislabeling of products is just one reason why I’m skeptical that China, or frankly any emerging nation, can effectively clamp down on fentanyl production. Chemical producers are important employers and hence have political backers, making action against them more problematic. Furthermore, many chemicals have multiple uses, so to switch a few hundred pounds of a chemical from a legitimate use to a troubling one is simple for manufacturers. And such a change is very hard for regulators to spot, even if companies maintain complete paperwork, and if they don’t it is nigh on impossible, and may only be found through spot inspections or whistleblowers, neither of which is frequent in emerging markets. After all, a few hundred pounds of key chemicals is all that is required to make millions of doses of fentanyl.
Hmm, that is a tough one, has anyone thought this through? Are we experience the downers revolutions like we once to did with Pablo in the 80’s but this one is on a grander scale. Notice these are the people that will pollute as the Green New Deal will give these corporation money.
Thank God the president pulled out of Paris accord a get rich scheme for elites but let’s keep on killing the citizens of America. I know you’re saying JD that doesn’t make any sense! Watch this one
Okay, I’m scared, and we need to make sure we push the right lever when we vote. Trump 2020