I’m not sure if we posted this back in June but we are making a dent. The amount of people involved is alarming! Netflix’s Cuties was number 8 and that’s really screwed up. Most people can’t get through 10 seconds of it without feeling creepy crawlies. The director of this film is out to lunch.
The French-Senegalese director of Cuties, Maïmouna Doucouré has defended her film at the Toronto Film Festival after coming under criticism over claims it hyper-sexualizes young girls.
- The French-Senegalese director of Cuties, Maïmouna Doucouré, defended her film after coming under criticism over claims it hyper-sexualizes young girls
- ‘It’s important to see someone like you on the screen, and grow up with a lot of possibilities. Diversity and inclusion have to be the keys to progress,’ she argued
- Ted Cruz called on Attorney General Bill Barr to investigate whether Netflix, its executives, or the filmmakers violated child porn laws in the making of the film
- In a letter, Cruz slams the film saying it ‘sexualizes’ young girls, features ‘partial child nudity’ and at one point exposes ‘a minor’s bare breast’
- Cruz warned the footage would be used by pedophiles ‘in abusive ways’ and said he feared the production of the film involved more ‘explicit and abusive scenes’
- The French film ‘Mignonnes’ – known as ‘Cuties’ in English – depicts young girls in a dance group, dressed in risqué outfits, performing sexually suggestive moves
- Its release on streaming giant Netflix last Wednesday sparked a backlash