- Robert Lacey is the author of new book Battle of Brothers, which examines the rift between Prince Harry and his older brother William
- The royal author says that the distance between the two siblings began at an early age, when William, now 38, ‘started becoming more serious’
- According to Lacey, the royal family ‘typecast [Harry] as the court jester’, while his brother – the future king – was ‘going ahead down the conventional path’
- When Harry, 36, met Meghan, 39, he was ‘inspired’ and ‘transformed’, Lacey said
- The Duke and Duchess of Sussex became the ‘rock stars’ of the Royal family, the author claimed, and this caused issues within the Firm
- Lacey insists there was a ‘clique… in Buckingham Palace… who’ve got it in for Meghan’, and said that aides conspired to ‘edge out’ her and Harry
Robert Lacey is the author of new book Battle of Brothers, which examines the rift between Prince Harry and his older brother William.