Brooklyn lawyers Colinford Mattis 32, and Urooj Rahman, 31, have been offered a plea deal after allegedly throwing a Molotov cocktail into an NYPD police van in Brooklyn last May.
- Brooklyn lawyers Colinford Mattis 32, and Urooj Rahman, 31, have been offered a plea deal after allegedly throwing a Molotov cocktail into an NYPD police van
- The pair were arrested in May shortly after the alleged act which occurred during Black Lives Matter protests outside the 88th Precinct in Fort Greene
- The pair allegedly tossed a bottle filled with gasoline through a broken window into the cruiser just before 1am outside the 88th Precinct station
- Homemade bomb did not ignite but they were chased by police and charged with attempting to damage or destroy law-enforcement vehicles
- Mattis was a corporate attorney with Pryor Cashman and graduated from Princeton University and New York University law school
- Charges carry a minimum of five years jail but could stretch to a life sentence
- No details of plea deal have been revealed
They should be disbarred and thrown in prison! I don’t give a crap what color you are, you break the law you go to jail. PERIOD!
Thank you, Anon