The NY Health Department sent a memo to nursing homes on April 18, 2020, directing them to report the number of residents who died from COVID-19 whether they died in the facility or not.
REVEALED: Cuomo administration began tracking COVID-19 related deaths in nursing homes last April but left the full toll out of a state health department report three months later
- New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo ‘s administration reportedly started tracking COVID-19 related nursing home resident deaths as early as last April
- The state Health Department sent a memo on April 18 telling care homes to report COVID-19 deaths among residents whether they died in the facility or not
- That memo came nearly 11 weeks before the Health Department released a report on July 6 that excluded residents who did not die in a nursing home
- It came after a March 25, 2020 order from the Cuomo administration that nursing homes accept COVID residents returning from hospitals
- The Cuomo administration ultimately began to roll back the March 25 guidance in May before releasing the nursing home report in July
- The July report found that the March 25 directive did not have a ‘causal link’ to the number of reported nursing home deaths – which it said was 6,432
- The Cuomo administration was later forced to admit that the nursing home death toll was much higher, and 8,711 residents had died outside of the facilities
- Cuomo signed a bill into law on Tuesday that repeals legal immunity that the state had granted to nursing homes during the pandemic
- Effective immediately, nursing homes and other healthcare facilities can be held civilly and criminally liable for treatment of individuals with COVID-19
Are you serious? OMG! nursing homes and other healthcare facilities can be held civilly and criminally liable for treatment of individuals with COVID-19. He’s got flipping balls.
‘But who cares [if they] died in the hospital, died in a nursing home? They die,’ Cuomo said during a news conference.
Can I ask, What about the government placing these people in nursing homes when President Trump gave them a ship to care for them and also a civics center, I can’t remember the name.
Cuomo did this to these victims, he should be held accountable!
Thank you, Anon