Navy Seabees built Vice President Kamala Harris and the secretary of the Navy new desks out of materials from historical U.S. ships, including the USS Constitution and USS Arizona.
Fit for a President! Kamala Harris gets her own ‘Resolute’ desk built by the Navy with reclaimed wood from the USS Constitution and a piece of metal from the USS Arizona that sank in Pearl Harbor
- Navy Seabees built Kamala Harris and the secretary of the Navy Thomas Harker new desks
- Material came from historic warships including the USS Constitution and the USS Arizona
- Harris’ desk is made from wood, copper and nails from the USS Constitution, that was commissioned in 1794
- Harker’s desk is built from materials from six different ships including the Chesapeake, Texas and New Jersey
- Inside the pen tray of each desk is a piece of the USS Arizona, which was sunk by the Japanese at Pearl Harbor
- Construction of the desks was approved under Donald Trump’s administration
It’s an honor to receive one of these desks. I hope she enjoys it and thinks of Donald J Trump every day while she sits behind it.
Thank you, Anon