- China’s Foreign Minister Wang Yi on Sunday rejected Washington’s ‘lies’ over the coronavirus
- ‘It has come to our attention that some political forces in the US are taking China-US relations hostage,’ Wang told reporters during a press conference
- Wang did not identify what ‘forces’ he was referring to, but US President Donald Trump has led world criticism of China’s initial response to the pandemic
- He said Beijing is open to an international effort to find the source of the virus
- Longstanding friction between China and the US over trade, human rights and a range of other issues have been pushed to new heights since the virus outbreak
China's Foreign Minister Wang Yi on Sunday rejected Washington's 'lies' over the coronavirus while saying Beijing was open to an international effort to find its source.