- Irrfan had been diagnosed with an neuroendocrine tumour in March 2018
- He was rushed to a Mumbai hospital for treatment on Tuesday after suffering a kidney infection and was placed in intensive care
- Irrfan sadly died on Wednesday, ‘surrounded by the people he loved the most’
- He is survived by his wife Sutapa Sikdar and sons Babil and Ayan Khan
- Irrfan also starred in Life Of Pi, Inferno, The Darjeeling Limited and Jurassic World
- Sadly, Irrfan’s mother, Saeeda Begum, also passed away at the weekend aged 95, and Irrfan had attended her funeral via a video link
Slumdog Millionaire and Li Of Pi star Irrfan Khan has died aged 53 following a battle with colon cancer.