- Captain Tom Moore will celebrate his 100th birthday today with a letter from the Queen and a promotion
- The World War II veteran will be made the first Honorary Colonel of the Army Foundation College, Harrogate
- There’ll also be two flypasts to mark the day – by Army Air Corps helicopters and a Spitfire and a Hurricane
- Hundreds of thousands of cards have been sent to Bedford School, near the World War II veteran’s home
- War hero became international star after raising more than £29 million for the NHS in battle against Covid-19
Captain Tom Moore, who captured the nation's hearts by doing laps of his garden to raise money for the NHS, has been promoted to Honorary Colonel by the Queen on his 100th birthday.