PRINCE Harry and Meghan Markle today announced they would be standing down as senior royals and moving to Canada, leaving the Queen “deeply upset” and Prince Charles and Prince William “incandescen…
What we know so far:
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have quit as senior royals
- The bombshell announcement came reportedly after no other royals were consulted
- The Queen is said to be ‘disappointed’ at the statement
- The couple plan to live in both North America and the UK with their son Archie
- They want to be ‘financially independent’ but will still support the Queen
The Sun has learned Harry and Meghan wish to keep Frogmore Cottage on the Windsor Estate and want their security bill paid for.
Frogmore Cottage was renovated recently at a cost of £2.4million to the taxpayer, while their reported six bodyguards cost £600,000 a year.
The pair also want to keep their titles as the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.
Even some of the couple’s most senior staff were not aware of their plans.
Our source added: “They want to keep Frogmore and some of their staff. But no one knows how that is going to work. Most of the staff had no idea until The Sun’s story broke.
“And they want to keep up their level of royal security. How is that going to work if they are off acting like celebrities.
We told last year how the couple have quietly built up a commercial team in Hollywood, including Meghan’s former business manager and PR company Sunshine Sachs.
The source said: “Make no mistake, Harry and Meghan intend to make a lot of money and start taking commercial deals as soon as possible.”
How stupid are they, they did it to themselves and then shot themselves in the foot again! They have no right to make a list of demands, they are foolish.