- Johnny Depp is suing Amer Heard for defamation over a Washington Post op-ed in which she said she was ‘a public figure representing domestic abuse’
- He says he was portrayed as an abuser and it cost him his role as Captain Jack Sparrow in the Pirates of the Carribean franchise
- But her lawyers say he is not named and tried to have the case thrown out
- Judge in Fairfax County, Virginia, ruled that the case would go on although he dismissed one of the four parts of Depp’s libel claim
- Depp has always argued that he was the victim of an ‘elaborate hoax’ instigated by his ex-wife, who ‘faked’ her injuries with makeup
- Heard has previously responded with a 300-page filing of her own, cataloging the years of alleged abuse she suffered at the hands of ‘the monster’
Depp is suing Heard in Virginia over a Washington Post op-ed in which she said she was a domestic abuse survivor. He denies abuse and says the article cost him his role as Captain Jack Sparrow.